Friday, November 4, 2011

Pan Fish

Like most trout fisherman, I am a catch-and-release guy. Tonight, however, I got to pan fry some nice trout that we had delivered from Surfin' Seafood, a Seattle provider of fresh fish. I am guessing (and hoping) this is farm-raised rainbow.

I was excited to cook some trout since I release everything I catch, and most of what I catch is too small to cook anyway.

The Herbfarm Cookbook offers a nice, simple recipe for trout. I won't repeat it all here, but I simply:
  • Washed and sprinkled the trout with salt and pepper, thyme and sage;
  • Lightly covered with flour;
  • Fried the non-skin side in pre-heated olive oil until golden brown;
  • Baked in a pre-heated (400-degree) oven for 7 minutes.
I served it with some cous cous and a white wine. Terrific.

Both Surfin' Seafood and The Herbfarm are locals here in the Seattle area. Below is a photo of the end result.



No comments:

Post a Comment