Thursday, May 9, 2013

Winter wanderings

I am not going to kid you. Winter fishing is just very hard for me. I don't catch a lot of fish between January and March. And the the truth be known I would catch even fewer if not for trips to Oklahoma in November and December.

I finally got around this week to downloading some old photos. Dad, Ryan and I fished over Christmas break on the Lower Illinois in northeast Oklahoma. It's nice to see Ry and Dad geared up in the parking lot...


...and as we walk down the path to find a beat below the dam. Walking that path is now one of my favorite walks in the world.


On Feb. 10 I fished with the wonderful and notable flyfishing guide, John Farrar. This a great photo of him in his Canadian-built boat on the Skagit, where we fished for Dollies and Steelhead. One of the guys in our group caught a couple of Dollies but we didn't get into any Steelhead. Nevertheless, it was a great trip and I got some good instruction on the Snap-T spey cast.




Over the kids' mid-winter break I fished for surf perch near San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge. Nada.

I did manage to catch a dozen or so rainbows at Lake Alice near Fall City in Washington state. I took my Fat Cat float tube out on a sunny Sunday and did quite well with a brownish wooly bugger.


Lake Alice.....

No comments:

Post a Comment