Sunday, July 15, 2012

Lake Sammamish

My son and I headed out to Lake Sammamish tonight after dinner. He threw a Rooster Tail while I waded out with a dry and nymph tandem.

The water was rippled from the wind so I could not see any surface activity. Several months ago I had come to the same spot and saw fish dimpling the surface.

After about 15 minutes of casting, Ryan was working a backlash out of his reel and said, "dad, did you see that? Something just surfaced right over there." He pointed and I immediately cast to a point about 30 yards off shore. Two casts later, FISH ON!

I believe this is a kokanee, a land-locked sockeye salmon of about 10-11 inches. I could be mistaken with the identification but I am pretty certain it is a small salmon of some sort.

A nice way to end the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment